Wednesday, October 26, 2016

My New E.D.C. Knife: HK Axis by Benchmade

HK Axis Benchmade

My last two EDC knives been by Benchmade.  First was the Griptilian.  First quality pocket knife I ever purchased.  I had long envied automatic knives, spring-assisted knives, so after several years, I decided to go for the HK Entourage.  Two issues: To me, it didn't feel as tough as Griptilian.  Secondly, I loathed the texture of the handle.  If what it felt like was a sound, it had little bit of the nail on the chalkboard thing going.  *shudders*

Anywho, I went back to carrying my old Griptilian & I loved it even more than before. I sold the HK Entourage to my coworker, another Benchmade carrying dude. 

Few weeks ago, I started seeing this HK "Axis" knife online...  I caught the bug.  I finally ordered one few days ago.  First impression:  It's heavier than Griptilian, and it feels more solid.  I can't quite "flick" the blade in/out effortlessly yet, but I'm sure that'll come as I get used to the design more, and knife loosen up over time.  Pics:

hk axis pocket knife

heckler & koch axis

Handle is open on both front & back, so you can see right through between the grips.  Not used to that, but it's cool & should be easier to clean.  Steel liner runs the whole way through, which was one of the selling point I liked about this knife over my Griptilian.  Liner in Griptilian is much narrower & shorter.

hk axis

hk axis

Good looking knife!

No comments:

Post a Comment