Saturday, January 27, 2018

2013 Ford Edge Crossover SUV

ford edge

This is the most expensive shooting accessory I've ever bought.  For most people, something like this would be just a daily ride, occasional outdoors vehicle, blah blah.  

This is the first non-sedan car I've ever owned, and it means that I no longer have to wait for my friends with trucks & SUVs to go shooting!  

ford edge vista panoramic roof glass

Nice panoramic roof..... but this also means no factory roof rack for me.  Extra storage on the roof would've been cool.

ford edge

Blinging 20" rims.  I thought about trading them in for tougher looking 18" wheels & tires, but I decided to save the money.  For now.

Atlanta Braves hitch cover

wakaba young leaf jdm sticker decal

Stylish personalized touch with the Atlanta Braves hitch cover + JDM Wakaba decal.  lol

My buddy whose middle name might as well be "Tardy" is an hour late.  I thought we were riding in my new(used) car, but he wants to drive his Ford Focus into the woods.  He ended up scraping the bottom somewhat on these logging roads, but come to think of it, when we were younger, he drove us in here in his Civic once. lol

timber oregon

timber oregon

ford edge off road

Oh yeah.

ford edge rear cargo

bushmaster ar10 moe 308

Probably the second best shooting accessory I have bought recently: Folding table.  What a lifesaver shooting in the woods.

bushmaster ar10 moe 308

lancer tactical rifle bag

5.11 rush 12 multicam

bushmaster ar10 moe 308

Very happy, because my red dot didn't fall off after sighting it in this time.  I used a Loctite just to be sure.  It's sighted in, but I want to do some benchrest shooting next time to totally dial it in.

bushmaster ar10 moe 308

bushmaster ar10 moe 308

hk usp 3m peltor 100 electronic hearing protector

HK USP's always been a good gun for me(except that time it blew up).  I shot USP & Gen 4 Glock 19 today, from about 40+ yards.  I don't know how accurate, but I was hitting the empty cardboard box from that distance, so I think that's pretty good for me(I shoot like 2, 3 times a year).  Of course, with my own SUV now, I aim to get lot better this year with additional trigger time.  :D

ford edge off road

.22 rimfire target spinner

Years & years ago, this same friend of mine brought a .22 target just like this one.  I don't know what he was thinking, but he let the guys shoot .45ACP at it.  That thing was mangled & in pieces in no time.  lol  We stuck to just rimfire this time around.  ;)



Heading back down the logging road in Timber, Oregon.  Nice music by Simply Stoopid.

ford puddle lamp

I get home, drop my phone getting out of the car.  I didn't realize it took a selfie of me until I was going over pics I took today.  Sweet bonuses.  Check out the fancy puddle lamp built into the side mirror.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment