Saturday, May 12, 2018

.22LR Plinking

2013 ford edge driver's seat

Here we are again.  Been wanting to come up & shoot some Ruger SR22(a .22 pistol) & Glock 19(9mm).  Been pushed back due to flaky buddy or weather, but we made it here today.  :) 

plinking gear woods remington 597

plinking

remington 597 shooting plinking gear 5.11 rush 12 gun case rifle bag

Remington 597 .22LR rifle - AKA "MEH"  Scope is Redfield Revenge 2~7.

bushmaster 308 moe remington 597

Brought my Bushmaster .308, but we didn't shoot it today.  Just light plinking mostly with .22LR & couple boxes of 9mm(that's 100 rounds).

ruger sr22

Ruger SR22 pistol.  I never shoot this thing.  Even during the .22LR shortage, I had stockpile of .22 rounds, but I still didn't shoot this, or my Remington 597.  I was too busy with the .45ACP, 9mm & .308.  Friend who went with me today, he doesn't own any guns, but he's a fan of .22's.  He's probably shot my 597 more than I have.  Today, he definitely shot more than me. lol

ruger sr22

Unless you are shooting, finger on the trigger is a no-no(big safety risk).  In my defense, I had just unpacked the gun & it wasn't even loaded yet.  My .22's are NEVER loaded at home.  NEVER.

ruger sr22

ruger sr22 glock 19 talo

ruger sr22

plinking shooting trees

There are..... other people's kids at this shooting spot(that's me being diplomatic).  They leave smaller appliances behind, spent shells, casings & other garbage(we pick up some of their trash, along with our own).  Another thing they were into was shooting into this poor tree.  Every time we been there, there was little more carved off this tree.  I was afraid that one day, we were going to find this tree on the ground, blocking the road.  Today, it seems that loggers been at it & it was neatly cut down.  

plinking shooting trees

plinking 22 caliber shooting targets

My buddy started getting busy with the rifle.

plinking 22 caliber shooting targets

plinking 22 caliber shooting targets

plinking shooting gear

plinking 22 caliber shooting targets self-sealing healing spinner

While my buddy was shooting paper targets with the rifle, I was having fun with the .22 pistol & 9mm on this self-sealing spinner target.  I also had one of these miniature floormat display next to it:

plinking 22 caliber shooting targets self-sealing healing spinner

I've been using this one for while, but poor guy finally had enough today.  I'm gonna try to put it back together with duct tape or something, but I think it might be done.  :(

glock 19 talo edition ruger sr22

plinking shooting glock 19 talo 3M Peltor Sport Tactical 300 Electronic Hearing protector ear muffs

remington golden bullet brick plinking 22 caliber shooting sr22 ruger

More Ruger SR22.

plinking 22 caliber shooting sr22 ruger

plinking 22 caliber shooting sr22 ruger

plinking 22 caliber shooting sr22 ruger golden bullet remington

plinking 22 caliber shooting sr22 ruger brick of remington golden bullet

 3M Peltor Sport Tactical 300 Electronic Hearing protector ear muffs

2013 ford edge sel

ruger sr22

plinking ruger sr22

plinking ruger sr22

Mechanix Wear MultiCam Original Tactical Gloves

Trying my new gloves.  Mechanix Wear Original Tactical Gloves($21-ish).  I've been wearing thick gloves ever since my gun blew up, but it's been difficult to reload with thick gloves, so I was trying out gloves with less thickness.  It worked.  It's much easier to reload, but they are pretty flimsy & I'm less protected, so oh well.  :p

Mechanix Wear MultiCam Original Tactical Gloves

Mechanix Wear MultiCam Original Tactical Gloves

shooting plinking gear platform

plinking shooting tripod hammers

plinking shooting tripod hammers



My buddy shooting my handgun target for fun. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment