Friday, July 5, 2019

Handgun Accuracy Testing Day - Which Gun Do I Suck Less With...

magpul ubr micro roni stock ar15

Tonight's lineup.

kimber 1911 custom target ii hk usp .45acp

I've been working on accuracy.... more like consistency with the Glock 19 lately.  A 9mm.  I generally shoot at 6" target or 8".  Even at 10 yards, I will miss a bunch outside the target.  I don't know what it is.  When I use Micro Roni stock, I can nail all of them inside, so it comes down to my grip, iron sights and/or trigger control.  Anyway, because I know I shoot better with my HK USP & Kimber, I brought both with me this time(both .45ACP)..... for comparison.  :D  First things first.

Glock 19 with Micro Roni:

micro roni red dot

This time, MBUS removed, EOTech moved up to the front.  I was getting stovepiped last time around, and when I showed the pic to my coworker, I think he nailed it: It's hitting the bottom of the EOTech.

micro roni jam problems

micro roni jam problems
Bunch of marks on this side from ejected cases hitting it.

While it's rare, there are cases(no pun intended) where ejected cases hit something & bounce back inside the port to cause a jam.  In this case, problem was me: I thought EOTech on this thing looked so cool, sight picture was amazing, too.  However, this idiot didn't catch that EOTech stuck out 5/8 on an inch out above the ejection port.  Well, so much for that.  :(

micro roni glock 19

With EOTech moved out of the way, not one jam.  I am sorry to say, I made another stupid mistake.  Glock got so dirty last time around, I cleaned it.  While I'm 99.9% sure it was EOTech causing the jam, we may never know for 100% certain.  There's a reason why I don't make the big bucks somewhere conducting lab tests.

Glock still gets filthy dirty:

micro roni glock 19

micro roni glock 19

Shot Glock some more.  No real improvement.  Still missing bunch out of 6" circle at 10 yards.  Moving on to HK USP .45ACP:

heckler and koch usp
Now we are talking(although only 10 yards lol).  At least almost all of them in the 6" circle.

heckler and koch usp
I very rarely train, let alone plink with this gun.  3 in the circle's about right.  At my low skill level, expected result in my book.


kimber custom target ii 1911 accuracy

This caught me off-guard.  I'm sucking it up with the 9mm Glock 19.  Really rusty with HK USP, but the result's about where I expect it with gun I never shoot.  When it came to Kimber 1911, gun I very rarely shoot, but admittedly, handgun I enjoy shooting the most, 6 out of 8 on the 6" circle, other 2 just outside(capacity is 7 or 8 depending on mag).  It made me little ambitious.

50 yards(never even shoot from this far with handguns lol):

kimber custom target ii 1911 accuracy
This is how I count the hits.  Pics of before/after.
Not bad!  I can live with this.  I'm not gonna lie, I was excited with this result(leave me alone, I'm a noob!).  I've been shooting hundreds of rounds out of Glock 19, trying to get better.  Then I dust off the oldest, most beat up handgun I have & shoot it way better from 25yds than other gun at 10yds, I have to ask myself:  Am I relying on a wrong gun here?

1911 will definitely go with me next time I go shooting.  This is the kind of starting point I saw for myself, not the results I was seeing with the Glock.  

I couldn't believe it, but I actually ran out of ammo today.  .45 ACP & .223/5.56.  I wanted to shoot those more, but all I had was 9mm left.  :(  Anywho, my AR: 

ar536 burris magpul ubr sl handguard m&p sport 2
I finally finished the sling.
 My sling setup is done!  It started out like this.  At the rear, I wish I could change to QD like upfront, but the position's perfect as it is & I'm hesitant about moving it.  At least for now.  It's been a expensive project, too.  I think the sling cost like $50, wasted bunch more just experimenting on different  overpriced Magpul attachments(adds up SO fast).

ar536 burris magpul ubr sl handguard m&p sport 2

burris ar536 fastfire 3

Burris AR-536/FastFire3 Combo(scope/red dot).  I had to change the zero on both the scope & red dot again.  I've had screws come loose on these before & wonder if it's moving again?  Or my crap shooting.  Both are suspect.  My sighting-in skills are worse than both, it's hopeless.
  
magpul ubr sl handguard m&p sport 2

I bought this Magpul UBR(Gen 2) stock, purely for looks.  It's like $200, but I had a gift VISA card from work for the exact amount, so.... lol

magpul ubr

I have the compartment doors off.  Again, aesthetics.

magpul ubr sl handguard m&p sport 2

magpul ubr sl handguard m&p sport 2

You are pretty..... 

5.56 .223 ar15 magazine charger spoon loader

I keep losing these AR .223/5.56 charger - spoon - loader thing for the magazine.  Here's an idea: Mini zip-tie!

plinking

I never get to do this.  100 yards.  I measure using my feet.  My shoes are approximately 12", so times 3 is a yard.  Close enough amirite.

plinking

plinking target stand idea

I was shooting at the big 8" circle.  It started out way too high, although it was good at 50 yards.  Kept on sighting in the scope.  I finally got it inside the inner ring when I ran out of ammo.  :p

Here's my new target stand by the way:

plinking target stand idea

36" long threaded rod.  I was hoping to pickup fence type posts, or those L-shaped posts, but they are expensive!  These were under $3 a piece at Home Depot.

plinking target stand idea

I hammered them in with my machete(aka anti-mountain lion tool), then slipped flat cardboard box over them.  I discovered that a hammer might make this task a lot easier....

plinking target stand idea


plinking target stand idea

(Really)Little things in life amirite.  Go Braves.  #ChopOn

P.S.  Pickup your brass, take home your trash & stop vandalizing.

plinking cleanup trash vandalism

You can't get them all, I get it.  But I shot here just last week, picked up bunch of spent cases people left behind, all of mine I could find, then some.  I come back here today, one week later & there's brass EVERYWHERE, along with shot up targets & crap left behind.  All the while plinking spots are being shutdown everywhere for bad behavior.  I'll leave it at that.

plinking cleanup trash vandalism
Thanks for picking up all those shotgun shells, but wait!  There's more!

plinking cleanup trash vandalism
And stop shooting the trees.


plinking cleanup trash vandalism
They shot up a sign, then ripped it off.  I guess this great spot's gonna be shutdown next.  If you like shooting, stop shitting so close to the house.  Jeez.





No comments:

Post a Comment