Saturday, February 15, 2020

Drought over. Sort of.

western oregon woods

Forecast said 80~90% humidity, but I had to drive out into the mountain today.  I hadn't shot in over three months.  Didn't really want to get the guns wet, so decided to shoot just my Glock 19 with/without Micro Roni stock.  Just one box(50 rounds).  

On the way up, it was rain & fog.  By the time I reached the usual plinking spot, there were some snow here & there.

oregon high elevation

plinking micro roni raining

Didn't need tables or chairs for one box of ammo.  Just staged my stuff in the front & rear seats. lol

plinking in rain

Cardboard box to set paper targets on & a steel target.

micro roni glock 19 magpul mbus backup sights laser crimson trace

micro roni glock 19 magpul mbus backup sights laser crimson trace

When I have some funds, I'd like to put red dot on Micro Roni.  For now, I have MBUS(Magpul backup sights) & Crimson Trace green laser on it(robbed its EOTech for this gun).  Neither were sighted in yet, thought I could do that today.  Forgot the laser sighting tool(micro allen wrench), so while I found out it shot several inches too low, I couldn't do anything about it.  :(  Sights, I got dialed in somewhat.  Will fine tune it when it's not raining & snowing.


Took a different way out.  Got to see more snow this way.  It hasn't really snowed at all in the Portland Metro this winter.  It sucks.

oregon high elevation

oregon high elevation

No comments:

Post a Comment