Sunday, April 26, 2020

Isolating During Covid 19 In Outdoors

 I didn't shoot a lot, but this was my first real "plinking" of 2020.  Coronavirus amirite.  Terrible year, the worst year.  I can't even list all the bad things happened to people around me, myself, and we are still barely in Spring.  :D

Anywho, on the way out to the woods, on the highway are reader boards asking us to "Stay Home, Save Lives".  I'm by myself, I saw one person at 7-Eleven on this entire trip, so I told myself it was okay.  It was isolating, and one driver who did drive up to my site, we were good 25 feet apart, he never got out of the car & drove off to look for another site.  :)


2013 ford edge trail outdoor western oregon mountains

Parked the car off to the side, and set up my usual folding table.

pepe meme ammo can

Set up the tripod today to sight in my newest red dot I installed on the Micro Roni stock(for Glock 19 Gen 4).

plinking outdoor shooting tripod

micro roni stock ar-f3 burris fastfire 3

I actually have the same red dot model sitting on top of the scope on my AR-15(scroll lower little bit).  It's Burris FastFire 3.  Normally, it goes for $200+ by itself, but package I purchased also came with the AR-F3 mount, which I believe goes for $70+.  It was the best damn deal I had come across, a member posted it on a regional gun forum called Northwest Firearms.  While the sale has already ended, it was $145 shipped for the red dot & the handy mount featuring side guards.  Score.

micro roni stock ar-f3 burris fastfire 3

micro roni stock ar-f3 burris fastfire 3

micro roni stock red dot


micro roni stock ar-f3 burris fastfire 3 red dot

AR-F3 Burris mount raises it to adequate level for I guess AR, but also for my Micro Roni stock.  I can co-witness with the MBUS(Magpul's flip up Backup Sights) through the glass, so I was pleased about that.  :)

magpul ubr 2.0 stock ar-15 daniel defense upper v7 eotech 512

I totally forgot to take pics, but I also target practiced with Glock 19, the USP(.45, full size), but had horrible results.  I'm just terrible with handguns, barely could keep them on paper.  :(  Shot handful of rounds out of my AR-15 to make sure the EOTech still held zero, then mag dumped the rest.



I wish I could say "The End" here, but we still have these people leaving trash up in the mountains.  WTF people.  At this rate, we'll be forced to shoot only inside shooting ranges.  I don't know if it falls on Department of Forestry, or logging companies, but they can, and they already are kicking us out of these areas.  Three of my favorite areas were shutdown in maybe just last two years?  This one could be next.  

trashing in the oregon woods

pickup trash in oregon outdoors woods mountains

**** these people.  I'm sorry for ranting. 

Some people have lost jobs, some people are getting overwhelmed at their jobs right now.  I hope we get this Coronavirus pandemic under control soon, and you guys stay safe.  

-The End-

No comments:

Post a Comment