Saturday, March 11, 2023

My Ford Ranger Part II

Wow.  Nearly 10 months since the last post.  Let's pick up right where we left off.  Ford Ranger:

BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 ford ranger
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 - Also went from 265/65R17 to LT265/70R17 which added bit more ground clearance.  Still squatting little bit.  It needs leveling.

I believe I got this 3D printed ignition trim ring on Etsy for $8.  It just snaps in.  Picked red to make it easier to find ignition cylinder.  I so wish I had push-button start!

ram mount ford ranger smartphone phone
I had heck of time picking out a phone mount for this truck.  I went thru this expensive route of bracket made by BuiltRight Industries that mounts onto the tray on top of the dash.  From there, RAM mount system.  RAM is a expensive system in itself, so I bought used pieces from eBay to put one together that could hold my old Garmin navigation...  That tray bracket is mounted on, it kind of wobbles now.  I also had to cut the mounting screws little bit shorter with a dremel.  Not straightforward install, nor clean.  😕

ram mount ford ranger builtright industries dash

ram mount ford ranger builtright industries dash bracket
This RAM holder claw thing's a bit of pain in the ass to put the phone in it, so I almost never use it to hold the phone.  Great if you off-road though.  Good grip!  Still need a actual phone holder...

Anywho, this is how the truck was setup for while....  Also added black textured bug shield/hood deflector by Ford Accessories.


Diamondback tonneau bed cover Ford Ranger

Next was the air dam.  This Ranger was originally expected to come with silver airdam?  I was disappointed when it showed up with black.  Luckily for me, my buddy who also have a Ranger agreed to let me swap mine with his silver!

Before & After:
ford ranger air dam swap silver black

His chrome bumper actually looks pretty good.  Dare I say black air dam matches it better than the original silver.
ford ranger air dam swap silver black
I think I screwed up the black one little bit & didn't fit his Ranger perfectly even.  His fit my Ranger just fine.  We had a good laugh over this one.... actually it was me laughing watching him get upset. 😂

This was probably the last item added on the exterior.  Ford Performance towing hooks.  Sold my original black ones on eBay, I think red pair ended up costing me only about $35 IIRC.
ford performance red towing recovery hook grille

ford performance red towing recovery hook grille

Almost forgot.  Stickers.  US flag decal = Classic.  JDM sticker on the right says "Slow Life" in Japanese, "Slow Style" in English(Yeah, I don't get that one either).  On the tailgate is the wakaba mark sticker I still get a kick out of.  Used to have one on my Ford Edge also.  Neat looking logo.  

jdm wakaba mark sticker decal

ford ranger usa flag

That's it on the Ranger!
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment