Sunday, March 19, 2023

Snow vs Me Round 2

ford ranger xl cactus gray fx4 stx 2022

Last Saturday I didn't get to do much shooting due to too much snow up in the mountains.  Weather's been mild this week, so I went back again.  All my buddies were working, broke, or both.

 Initially, roads were clear.  Ran into few parked vehicles off the freeway which was strange.... but I soon found out.  As you climb up, all shooting spots were taken, there was one group who even lined up their trucks blocking the way(I assumed they were shooting on the road).  Rest of the logging roads had foot of snow, so unless you came up to do uphill off-road climbing, you were out of luck.  

I came back down near the freeway myself to regroup.  I knew of another road just few miles from there, so I decided to take the chance & bingo!  I discovered this sweet spot with nice backstop. 😍

plinking spot

ford ranger xl cactus gray fx4 stx 2022 diamondback cover

I kinda wished I had brought my AR with me.  I had brought just two guns:  My conceal carry Glock 43x MOS(with Trijicon RMRcc) + the new gun S&W Model 69 .44 Magnum.

glock 43x mos rmrcc forward controls tlr-6
Glock shot well.  I have TLR-6 light/laser combo on it(laser turned off).  To fit RMRcc on the gun, I went with the adapter plate made by Forward Controls Design.  Tall-ass suppressor height sights to cowitness are also by FCD.  Let me warn you: If you go with this setup, most holsters will not fit.  Only one I found for IWB(In-Waist-Band) & under $80-ish was Werkz holster.  Other holsters didn't have the tall clearance for FCD front sight blade.  It's decent, but like many other holsters out there, it's uncomfortable.  😭

smith & wesson model 69 m69 .44 magnum s&w

.44 magnum vs .44 special vs 9mm comparison

I didn't know this, but like how .357 Magnum revolvers can also shoot .38 Special, .44 Magnum revolvers are able to shoot .44 Special.  After shooting few rounds of .44 Magnum from the S&W M69, I finally tried out the .44 Special.  I saw Hickok45 on youtube comparing .44 Special kick to that of .45ACP?  After shooting .44 Magnum, I shit you not, it felt like I was shooting a .22LR man.  Crazy. 😳  

.44 special s&w model 69

Unfortunately for me, .44 Special actually costs more than the Magnums.  Magnum were around buck a round, Specials little over buck a round.  👿


ford ranger xl cactus gray fx4 stx 2022 diamondback tonneau cover

I think I mentioned in the last post that I had bodyshop work on my pickup.  I was told that they had to take my tonneau cover(bed cover) off during the repair, so I decided get my tools out & just make sure it was put back on correctly?  Uh-uh.  Clamps weren't tightened properly & it was on crooked.  💩  Took the rear hatch off, spent about 30 minutes working on this thing, but I wasn't able to straighten it out with out taking the other hatch off & I wasn't up for that.  I just tightened the clamps, put the rear hatch back on & called it good.  Bummer....

ford ranger xl cactus gray fx4 stx 2022 diamondback tonneau cover

ford ranger xl cactus gray fx4 stx 2022 diamondback

At least I was able to find a brand new plinking spot, so I'm gonna call this a win.  👍

 

No comments:

Post a Comment