Saturday, April 13, 2019

1911: Kimber Custom Target II - Bunch of blabbering + too many pictures of Kimber 1911

Kimber Custom Target II 1911

Not counting the *"last ditch" Arisaka rifle, my Kimber is the most worn out gun I own, and maybe for that  reason, I rarely shoot this gun.  I don't really know for sure, but I do remember worrying little bit about shooting it after my HK USP went kaboom.

*Crudely manufactured WWII Japanese rifle near the end of the war.

Anywho, at first, I went exploring on foot.  We always drive up on the mountain to a spot, then shoot.  Today, rain was forecasted, so I didn't even ask anybody to see if they wanted to go shooting.  Just grabbed the gear & drove up here to kill some time.

ford in the wild

oregon woods

It was dumb of me not to bring boots, but I did make good use of machete.  Hehe.  I've seen mountain lion up here once, but I wasn't too worried about that cat today.  :p

oregon woods mountain adventure

*my hat*  Later in the evening, Braves went on to defeat the NY Mets 11-7.  It was a good day.[/IC]  Back to the vehicle:

Kimber Custom Target II 1911 magazine base pads

Bought some new mags & magazine base pads off eBay.  This is why I dusted off my Kimber today.  One thing I ADORE about this gun is the adjustable rear sights.  I lowered it two clicks & it was on they money.  I also brought my Glock 19, which I've been shooting a ton & brought to train with, but I was more accurate with the Kimber, which I haven't shot in years.  Go figure.

Kimber Custom Target II 1911 magazine base pads cushion

oakley sliver 3m peltor 300 hearing protector earmuffs

I'm not from the future.  Braves hat, random pair of Oakleys & 3M Peltor 300 headset, this is how I shoot.  :D

Kimber Custom Target II 1911

Beautiful amirite.  I missed you so much.

Kimber Custom Target II 1911 wiley x gloves foliage

Kimber Custom Target II 1911

Kimber Custom Target II 1911

Kimber Custom Target II 1911

Kimber Custom Target II 1911 magazine base pads cushion

wiley x gloves Kimber Custom Target II 1911

Kimber Custom Target II 1911  painted sights

Painted the front sight with red plastic model paint years ago.  It's still very visible.  :)

Kimber Custom Target II 1911

Kimber Custom Target II 1911

I didn't setup any target of my own today, shot trash laying around instead.  I shot at this piece of wood first, but I couldn't believe that messy little hole was made with my .45ACP until I saw the backside.  Cool deal.

.45acp entry exit


No comments:

Post a Comment