Saturday, January 26, 2019

300. AAC. Blackout is here!!

.223 on the left, Blackout on the right.

.300 AAC Blackout versus .223 5.56x45

Last September, I finally, finally bought an AR-15.  Oh, man.  Long time coming.  One of my dream guns.  Then recently, I found out that you can shoot different calibers like Blackout, 6.8, etc., by just swapping out few parts.  

I went with the .300 AAC Blackout.  Always wanted a AK(Kalashnikov), which fires 7.69x39 similar to Blackout + since I was going to buy the whole upper assembly(all you actually need is a Blackout barrel), I thought it would be cool to have a complete spare upper that fired a .30 caliber round similar to AK.

oakley holbrook camo polarized

Under Armour 1277932 Men's SpeedFit Hike Low Boots

Nice & sunny today, but it was still very muddy.  :p

Bushmaster XM-15 Complete Upper w/Bolt 300 AAC Blackout Flat Top M4-Profile 16 in.Barrel w/ Rifle Length Quad Rail (7 in. Pistol Length Gas Tube) Pre-Ban 92866

Here's my Smith & Wesson AR-15 lower + Bushmaster upper with the Blackout barrel.  I've only used Magpul fore grip to this point, but since this Bushmaster upper had picatinny rails & not the Magpul style attachments, I settled on the version of BCMGunfighter designed for picatinny.

Bushmaster  Complete Upper  300 AAC Blackout  eotech red dot bcmgunfighter 92866

On the Blackout upper, I only have this EOTech 512 red dot sight I took off of the stock S&W upper.  No backup sights yet.  I read that Blackout has slightly more recoil than the .223 AR-15, but I honestly couldn't tell.  Maybe because I'm so used to the heavier & harder kicking AR-10(.308/7.62x51).

sighting in scope red dot

Hammers Telescopic Shooting Tripod
Hammers Telescopic Shooting Tripod
Folding table, tripod, these things are some of the best gun accessories one can bring when plinking.

plinking platform gun bag lancer tactical rifle

tight AR-15 takedown pins

Why do I have a watch hammer & punch?  See.... When you buy compatible AR-15 upper, you are supposed to push out two takedown pins by hand, then instantly swap it out on the spot.  Without any tools.  I even told my friends that I was going to be able to change the caliber of my rifle, faster than loading a magazine.  

Not so much.

My new Bushmaster Blackout upper & S&W lower's having microscopic alignment issues.  While not visible to naked eye, pin holes aren't lining up perfectly, and I'm actually having to tap on the takedown pins when putting on/taking off the Bushmaster upper.  :(

bushmaster 300 blackout complete upper red dot eotech burris fastfire

bushmaster 300 blackout complete upper ar536

.300 aac blackout complete upper bushmaster m&p .223 5.56

ar-536 burris fastfire eotech 512
I previously had this EOTech red dot(top) on the stock S&W upper below it.  S&W now has the Burris AR536 scope/red dot combo I robbed from AR-10(Bushmaster 308 MOE).


ar-15 takdown pins pulled out.
AR-15 lower with takedown pins out.
Little side by side of the .223(5.56x45) & the .300 Blackout:

.223 .300 aac blackout comparison
.223(left) & Blackout(right)

empty spent shell case casing .223 blackout
Switched around, because I'm stupid: Blackout(left), .223(right).

okay surefeed magazine aluminum metal ar-15

OMG, Burris AR536 looks SO GOOD on this AR-15.  Only downside is, unlike the rail of my AR-10, there's so little real estate on AR-15, I couldn't find the room for Magpul MBUS(flipup backup sight) & still maintain reasonable eye relief for the Burris scope.  At least this thing has the little FastFire 2 red dot on the top of the scope, so I still have two sights......  -_-

ar-15 magpul sl handguard moe lancer tactical double carbine rifle bag

Another new toy I tried today was the aluminum Okay Surefeed magazines.  It looks pretty darn nice, too.  Both Okay Surefeed & Magpul PMAGs were 100%, with either .223 or Blackout rounds.  :)

magpul pmag versus okay surefeed

ar-15 m&p sport ii 2 magpul sl handguard

Just different magazines changes the look of this rifle.

burris ar-536 fastfire 2 red dot lancer tactical rifle backpack

5.11 glock 19 iwb holster
5.11 Tactical Appendix IWB Holster

5.11 ridgeline pant


Notice the big garbage bag in the rear seat floor?  Always pickup more trash than you created.  If you shoot, please cleanup after yourselves.  Not just to protect nature, but trashing forces local authorities to close up area to the public.  This is happening all over where I live in Oregon.  More plinking spots closed off, more of us are forced to go shoot at the range.  :(


No comments:

Post a Comment