Tuesday, January 1, 2019

To Start Off the New Year Right

5.11 Stryke Pants

I've been wanting to go shooting for couple of weeks now.  Unfortunately, it's been raining every weekend.  About a week ago, I drove up to the mountains to test out the PIAA LED headlight bulbs.  Some complained of not getting enough light out of these LED bulbs when used in projector beam headlights(like my Ford Edge).  Since it's lit up everywhere in town, I wanted to drive into middle nowhere in the woods, see if my bulbs were working okay.  Short answer:  Yes.

piaa platinum led bulbs ford edge

I also took couple of handguns up there?  I figured, after testing the headlights, I can target practice with my Glock & .45 USP.

Heck no, man.  It was so frigging creepy up there in pitch black, I wasn't even getting out of the vehicle(p*ssy, yes).  Anywho, it was either heavy rain or heavy fog anyway.  Since it was projected to rain again next weekend, I asked few guys if they wanted to go shooting on the New Years day.  Couple of guys said "yes".


ford edge

My buddy who's always late couldn't make it, but thanks to Google Map GPS I used, it got me lost not once, but twice.  I ran way late, had to drive up to the meeting spot where we are all familiar with & kill bit of time before they met me there.  It was going to be in the 30's all day up here in the mountains, even found these weird frozen puddles with ring pattern like a ripple effect.


frozen puddle ripple pattern rings

Here come the guys, now we are headed up in the woods.

2003 land rover discovery

2003 land rover discovery

land rover discovery 2003 ford edge off road trail

land rover discovery 2003 off road trail


mountain oregon

We are getting close to the top now.  Not a good place to drive off the road amirite.

fn five seven 57 case

One of the guys bought a FN Five seveN.  Second guy in my circle to buy one.  It is a interesting gun.  In the smaller cases behind it are the S&W 44 Magnum & .50 Cal Desert Eagle.  Go figure.  FN case's pretty sweet though eh?

shooting melons

Perhaps I should have taken a shot of it before I blew it up with my AR.  Canary Melon.  I picked it up at Walmart for $3 & change the night before?  Full size melon, bright yellow.  Great biodegradable target.  After you blow it up, you can keep on shooting the small pieces.  No cleanup.  lol

shooting melons

5.11 rush 12 backpack made in oregon patch always be ready

My new patch on my 5.11 Rush 12 backpack is the "Made in Oregon" sign patch.  Very nice local touch & official 5.11 product.

s&w m&p ar15 magpul sl handguard eotech red dot

I know I look bigger..... I was wearing two extra layers on top.  Ignore that guy in shorts in the next picture.  I'm 50% sure he's related bigfoot.

plinking in oregon

All in all, it was a fun day, pretty relaxing day with couple of buds.  I also shot my TCR22(10/22 clone by Thompson Center), and everything was dialed in.  Fun & relaxing when all your guns on-target.  :D  Both rifles were relatively unchanged from my October post(pic).

Thompson Center TC/R22 Leupold Rifleman Scope Rings Redfield Revenge


No comments:

Post a Comment